Our Featured Project
The 2014 DC Design House – Benefiting the Children’s National Medical Center
D & A Dunlevy Landscapers is so excited to present this featured project. Our designers, Gina Benincasa and Blake Dunlevy, have been selected as landscape designers at the 2014 DC Design House. This our second opportunity to take part in this phenomenal design showcase that also does the great work of raising funds for the Children’s National Medical Center. To read more about the house click here. http://www.dcdesignhouse.com
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night…
It’s not the mail, but these guys sure are delivering! Manuel and his crew are determined to meet the completion deadline of March 31st – even if it means shoveling a little snow before planting. We are so proud of our workforce, and we are all ready for spring to arrive!
Renovations and makeovers are currently underway and about to be wrapped up. Check back soon for project completion photographs. We are so honored and excited to be part of this great event and hope you will join us in support of the great cause.
The Entry Garden for the 2014 DC Design House
Just as the family who lives there, the entry garden welcomes visitors with a stately Washington flavor. While placing a high value on the existing mature plants and site trees, the renovated garden adds a sense of fresh brightness with lots of color. Formality and classic style is maintained with manicured hedges, varying textures, and seasonal displays. Approaching from the pedestrian sidewalk, guests are first taken by the generous flower display at the bordering stone walls, enticing their further exploration up the stone stairways to the front door. In spring, the family heirloom Azaleas showcase their blooms in abundance. Once at the top step, a new stone landing delineates one’s arrival to the home’s entry. With dimensional natural stone the area offers a formal entry, while also creating a lovely seating nook. The planters add a vertical touch and inviting warmth. The design all came together because of the careful blending of enhancing the existing beauty of this estate with new touches and features. The all stone home now has a landscaped entry that matches its stately, old Washington sensibility.
General Information & Important Dates
- House Address: 4600 Linnean Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20008
- Bare Bones Tour: March 1st from 11:00am to 3:00pm ($5 tickets or free with purchase of a $25 DC Design House Ticket)
- Press Day: April 8th from 11:00am to 2:00pm (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Preview Day: April 12th from 1:00pm to 4:00pm (limited tickets) Special Barry Dixon C2 paint Presentation and Book Signing at 2:00pm
- Opening Day: April 13th from 12:00pm to 5:00pm
- House Hours: Sat & Sun 12:00pm to 5:00pm and Tues- Fri 10:00am to 3:00pm (April 13th- May 11th)
- Tickets: $25 – may be purchased at the door or online http://www.dcdesignhouse.com/2012-tickets
- Donations may also be made at the ticket purchase site.