This is an outline of the process that should be expected when contacting D & A Dunlevy Landscapers, Inc. for a new project:
- Initial Contact: When contacting D & A Dunlevy Landscapers, Inc. you will be greeted by one of our Administrators. They will ask a few simple questions to determine the type of services you are in need of. Your information will then be forwarded to the appropriate designer/salesperson.
- Scheduling the Initial Meeting: You should expect contact from a knowledgeable designer/salesperson within 24 hours of your initial call to set up at site meeting. We will always try to meet any of your scheduling challenges when setting meetings. The designer/salesperson that makes this initial contact will guide you through the entire process from this phone call all the way through project completion.
- The Initial Meeting: At the initial meeting you will guide us through your property and share your vision for your upcoming project. Through the course of the meeting we will listen carefully and make notes of all your concerns. At this meeting we will help to define your 1. Objectives 2. Priorities and 3. Budget**. Giving consideration to each of these three areas before the meeting will allow us the opportunity to work with you to set realistic expectations.
- Design Development: If a design is required for your project we will provide a design agreement within two days of the initial meeting. The design of a project is intended to be a communication tool that details all phases of the project by which all parties involved (customer, designer, crew, etc.) will understand the scope of work. Our designs are created to be both functional and beautiful. They will cast a vision for the project that you have described.
- Proposal Creation: After the initial meeting is completed and all design work is done, you will be provided with a proposal that details all of the services required to implement your project. The proposal will be itemized and detailed so that there is no mystery about what will be involved and what services are included.
- Presentation Meeting: If you have purchased a design or have a project that is vast in scope, a presentation meeting will be arranged to present and review the design and proposal. We always anticipate that a revision may be needed in these situations. You will be encouraged to give any and all feedback so that we can refine the vision for your project. We believe that an inch of good communication at the front end of a project will save miles throughout the course of the project.
- Project Acceptance: When you are ready to move forward with your new project you will send in your signed proposal and any other documents associated with your project. We request a deposit on all accepted projects. At this time you will receive a call from our administrator to confirm the initiation of your project. We generally schedule new projects on a first come, first serve basis and we maintain a 4-6 week backlog of work. Regular updates will be given on your project’s scheduling status.
- Pre-Construction Meeting: Before any project commences, a pre-construction meeting will be held between your designer and the project manager.
- Project Implementation: Throughout the course of your project you will find that our crews are courteous and neat. We make project implementation as painless and as convenient as possible for our customers; no unnecessary messes.
- Project Completion and Final Walk-Thru: Upon completion of the project, your designer will conduct a “walk thru” of the project with you. This is a time to answer any questions that you may have about your new space. We also take this time to familiarize you with any maintenance needs your project might require and inform you about our typical maintenance programs.
- Transition Landscape Maintenance: If our maintenance services are requested your designer will walk you through the process of creating a program. We will then introduce you to our Maintenance Manager who will take care of your property on a regular basis.
Maintaining our relationships is very important to the staff at D & A Dunlevy and we pride ourselves on having the most professional landscaping services available. Good communication is the key to all relationships and we try to honor that through our processes. As a result, nearly every project we implement is the result of a referral and we take that very seriously.
** A note on budgets: We understand that it is often uncomfortable and sometimes difficult to establish a budget because it is hard to know “what things cost.” If you are having these thoughts we will ask you to establish a “budget range” (i.e. 5-10k, 10-20k, 20-50k, 50-100k, 100-150k, 150-250k, 250k +) so that we can operate with some constraint. Budgets are just as important for exterior projects as they are for interior projects (or purchasing a car or anything else for that matter). We often equate our process to that of architects and homebuilders who must know what the budget is before they begin design or construction. We consider it to be simply “bad practice” to design and propose something that turns out to be unrealistic.